Risotto with Peas, Mushrooms, and Green Onion
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- If you like, sauté some wild mushrooms and stir them into the finished risotto.
- This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- subscribe to Bon Appétit
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup arborio or medium-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- print a shopping list for this recipe
- Saute mushrooms until soft and set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and thyme and sauté until onions wilt, about 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat. Add 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in peas. Simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if risotto is dry and stirring often, about 5 minutes. Mix in 1/3 cup cheese; season with salt and pepper. Serve risotto, passing remaining cheese separately.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Risotto-with-Peas-and-Green-Onions-15544#ixzz1QaAx3AHD
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Risotto with Peas, Mushrooms, and Green Onion Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes