Risotto with Bitter Greens
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 359
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 171mg
- Cholesterol: 10.4mg
- 1 pound broccoli rabe or Chinese broccoli (gai laan)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio or short- to medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- About 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled chèvre (goat) cheese
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat. Plunge broccoli rabe into water and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and immerse in cold water. When cool, drain and coarsely chop.
- 2. In the same pan over medium-high heat, combine oil and onion. Stir often for 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir often until onion is limp, about 2 minutes. Add rice, stir, then add wine. Stir until wine evaporates, about 1 minute.
- 3. Add 4 cups broth and bring to a boil on high heat, stirring. Reduce heat to simmering and stir often until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Stir in broccoli and, for a creamier risotto, a little more broth. Stir often until broccoli is warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Stir cheese into risotto, then spoon into wide bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables