- 1/2 ounce dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups (2-inch) sliced asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio or other short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 275
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 4.6 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 8.4 g
- carbohydrate 49.8 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 438 mg
- calcium 55 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup soaking liquid. Chop tomatoes; set aside chanterelles and tomatoes.
Steam asparagus, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
Bring the reserved soaking liquid and broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and cremini mushrooms; sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute. Stir in chanterelles, tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until wine is nearly absorbed. Stir in 1/2 cup broth mixture; cook 3 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth mixture is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Add asparagus and cheese, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.