Risotto with Artichoke Hearts
- 1 cup(s) arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1 cup(s) canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 cup(s) hot chicken broth
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) taleggio, cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Keep chicken broth warm over medium heat.
- In a large saute pan or dutch over, melt 1 tbs butter over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until transparent, about 2 minutes. Add rice and toast until transparent, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir constantly until it is absorbed, then begin to add the broth, a ladleful at a time.
- Continue adding the broth until the risotto and creamy and the grains are softened but not mushy. Begin to taste after about 15 minutes, but most likely it will take 20-25 minutes. If you run out of broth, you can add hot water.
- When the rice is done, remove from heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, the artichoke hearts and the Taleggio and stir. Taste for salt. Serve with freshly ground pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bordeaux and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note