Photo: Oxmoor House
For your toddler:
- Cook the vegetables 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Serve a spoonful of risotto and vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Yield: 6 adult serving (serving size: 2/3 cup risotto, about 1/2 cup vegetables, and 2 teaspoons cheese)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 46.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups (2 inch) diagonally cut asparagus
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped leek
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients; sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Set aside; keep warm.
- 2. Bring water and broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 3. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leek; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 1/2 cups broth mixture; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and thyme.
- 4. Top risotto with vegetables; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables