- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups dry white wine*
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 1/2 cups hot chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in rice and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add wine and bay leaves. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time. (Cooking time is about 45 minutes.) Remove and discard bay leaves.
- * 1 cup chicken broth may be substituted for white wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables