I thought this had good taste, but I wouldn't consider it a great side dish as is - It actually overpowered my main dish. Next time, I'll only add 2 cloves of garlic instead of 3.
Risi e Bisi
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 244
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 432mg
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice (see Notes)
- 2 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put olive oil and butter in a 10-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter melts. Add garlic and salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is opaque. Add broth, stir, and turn heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer undisturbed while rice absorbs liquid, about 15 minutes (then remove cover to check).
- 2. Remove cover, quickly add peas (leave peas on top, do not stir), and return cover. Take off heat and let sit 5 minutes. Remove cover, add parsley, and fluff with a fork. Serve hot, sprinkled with pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables