Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 1/2 to 5 lb. chicken wings
- Vegetable oil
- Rom-esco Sauce
- 1. Combine all-purpose flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Cut off chicken wing tips, and discard; cut wings in half at joint. Add wings to flour mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill in flour mixture 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Remove wings from flour mixture, shaking off excess. Fry wings, in batches, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Transfer wings to a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan, and keep warm in a 225° oven. Place wings in a large bowl, and add 3/4 to 1 cup Romesco Sauce; toss to coat. Serve hot wings with remaining sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note