- 12 ounces ounces (5 1/2 cups) rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 cup grated ricotta salata or Parmesan
- calories 446
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 12 g
- satfat 0 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- sodium 324 mg
- carbohydrate 71 g
- fiber 7 g
- sugars 6 g
- protein 17 g
How to Make It
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and mint and toss.
Divide among individual bowls and top with the grated cheese.