Rigatoni with Grilled Peppers and Onions
Photo: Marcus Nilsson
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 514
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 75g
- Sugars: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 778mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 12 ounces (4 to 5 cups) rigatoni
- 1 bunch spinach, stems trimmed, or one 5-ounce package
- 1 cup (about 3 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a large bowl, toss the onions, bell peppers, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return the pasta to the pot. Add the grilled vegetables, spinach, the reserved pasta water, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Top with the basil and the remaining Parmesan before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This