- 3/4 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 (6 oz.) packages fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 ounces chunk Parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler, for serving
- calories 585
- fat 19 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 85 g
- fiber 11 g
- cholesterol 27 mg
- sodium 483 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic Choose your mushroom. Shiitake, cremini and regular white mushrooms would work equally well in this dish. KITCHEN TIP and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender and golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and beans and cook until heated through, 3 minutes.
Remove 1 1/2 cups pasta water and stir into mushroom-bean mixture. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add mushroom-bean mixture and basil to pot; toss well. Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle Parmesan on top.