Terrific recipe. I was looking for something different for my husband who has a hearty appetite. I modified the recipe a little with whole wheat rotini and added dry sherry and a little port wine which I had on hand. Fast, easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again!
Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka or chicken broth
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 jar Bertolli® Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 box (16 oz.) rigatoni or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat Olive Oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vodka and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauces. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Serve over hot rigatoni and sprinkle, if desired, with fresh basil.
*For a delicious option: Cook 1 small zucchini, chopped, with onion and garlic.
Cost per recipe*: $7.28
Cost per serving*: $1.21
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 530, Calories From Fat 160, Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 17g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 1000mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g, Sugars 13g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 14g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes