I had been trying to find a good recipe for pink sauce, but all along I should have been looking for a creamy tomato sauce... because this is the flavor that I've been searching for! I had this dish at Lucky Strike in NY and have been craving it ever since. Making this dish tonight I did not have any pepperoni so I substitued SOYRIZO (soy chorizo)... and it was DELICIOUS! Who woulda thought? LOVE THIS RECIPE! Very easy to follow.
Rigatoni in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 836mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add pepperoni and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sugar, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt.
- 3. While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add rigatoni and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Combine with sauce and basil and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes