Rigatoni Ala Norma
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) eggplant 1"cubes
- 1 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 24-26 ounce(s) bottle marinara
- 1 pound(s) dried rigatoni
- 1 pound(s) cold mozzarella
- Toss eggplant with 2 teaspoon salt in a colander. Drain 30 minutes. Rinse, then squeeze out excess liquid and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Fry eggplant in 3 batches, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons oil from skillet, then sauté onion with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper until golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in sauce and eggplant and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 6 quart water) until al dente, then drain. Stir together pasta, sauce, and half of mozzarella in pot. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and golden in spots, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Baked-Rigatoni-alla-Norma-351159#ixzz2792IQiLJ
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sharibud and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rigatoni Ala Norma Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes