Made this for a picnic last summer. Used smaller amount of sugar. Yum!
These sweet summer gems pair perfectly with cured meats over torn bread with a little Dijon mustard, and work double-duty as a final flourish spooned over our irresistible homemade Buttermilk Ice Cream. Or make a simple peach shortcake by sandwiching the peaches in a warm scone with sweetened whipped cream. Swap in any summer fruit and 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary for the thyme, if desired.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 cups peeled and chopped fresh ripe peaches (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup dry Riesling wine
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a serving bowl. Cover peach mixture, and chill 3 to 24 hours to let flavors marinate, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This