Ricotta-Strawberry Napoleons from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) slivered almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 3 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14 x 9 "), thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) turbinado sugar
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese (such as Calabro)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 cup(s) chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Grand Marnier
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Place almonds in a mini-chopper; process until finely ground. Add granulated sugar; pulse to combine.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 phyllo sheet on pan (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying). Combine butter and oil; brush lightly over phyllo. Sprinkle phyllo sheet with about 1 1/2 tablespoons almond mixture. Top with another phyllo sheet; brush lightly with butter mixture, and sprinkle with remaining almond mixture. Top with 1 phyllo sheet; brush lightly with butter mixture, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut phyllo in 15
- (3 x 2 1/4-inch) pieces. Separate phyllo pieces on baking sheet. Cover the phyllo with another sheet of parchment paper. Top with another baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove top baking sheet and parchment paper. Cool phyllo on a wire rack.
- 4. Combine ricotta and honey. In a separate bowl, combine berries, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and liqueur; let stand for 10 minutes. Place 1 phyllo piece on each of 5 dessert plates; top each with 1 1/2 tablespoon ricotta mixture and about 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture. Repeat layers once; top each with 1 phyllo piece.
- CALORIES: 240 FAT: 11.8g (sat:5.7g, mono:4.3g, poly:1.2g) PROTEIN: 7.1g
- CARB: 27.9g FIBER: 1.8g CHOL: 28mg IRON: 0.8mg SODIUM: 123mg
- CALC: 155mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta-Strawberry Napoleons from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts