Loved this and will make it again and again. Quick and easy if you do the prep ahead of time. The BF has been complaining about my cooking (much too heavy for his liking), and this got RAVE reviews from him. Couldn't find the tortelinni specified, so I substituted one stuffed with Italian Sausage. Very delicious!
Ricotta and Spinach Tortelloni With Summer Vegetables
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 15 min. Feel free to toss in other fresh vegetables such as squash, broccoli, green beans, or mushrooms.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (8-oz.) package ricotta and spinach tortelloni
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortelloni according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 9 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together tortelloni, vegetable mixture, and cheese until blended. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Cut vegetables ahead of time, wrap in damp paper towels, and place in a zip-top plastic bag. Chill up to one day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes