- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pound tube pasta, such as ziti
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 cups thawed frozen peas, divided
- 15 ounces (1 1/2 cups) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- calories 868
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- protein 39 g
- fat 35 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 103 g
- fiber 8 g
- sodium 1574 mg
- cholesterol 48 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water with 1 tbsp. salt to a boil. Add pasta and boil until tender, 7 to 9 minutes.
Meanwhile, whirl garlic and parsley in a food processor until finely chopped. Add 1 1/2 cups peas, the ricotta, lemon juice and zest, 4 tbsp. oil, remaining 2 tsp. salt, and the pepper. Pulse to a coarse purée.
Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Immediately add ricotta-pea purée and remaining 1 cup peas and stir until well mixed. Add a little pasta cooking water, if necessary, to loosen sauce.
Divide among 4 bowls. Sprinkle each with pine nuts and parmigiano, and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil.