Ricotta Orange Pound Cake with Strawberries
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 stick(s) butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 whole(s) orange zested
- 2 tablespoon(s) amaretto
- powdered sugar
- 1 pint(s) strawberries hulled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with butter. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using the electric mixe,r cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, orange zest, and Amaretto until comined. Addn the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool inthe pan for 10 minutes; then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a mesh sieve, dust the cooled cake with the powdered sugar.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit until the juices have pooled around the strawberries.
- To serve, slice the cake and serve with aspoonful of strawberries and their juices over the top of the cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by szbick and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta Orange Pound Cake with Strawberries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes