Light and unique, this was a big hit with guests at a dinner party.
Ricotta Cheesecake with Ginger and Kiwi
Notes: Drain at least 3 cups nonfat yogurt to make 1 cup yogurt cheese, or use nonfat cream cheese instead.
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 2/3 cup (about 3 oz.) gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 carton (15 oz.; 1 2/3 cups) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt cheese or 1 package (8 oz.) nonfat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 kiwi fruit (about 1/4 lb. each)
- 1. Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup ginger, and melted butter. Pat crumb mixture evenly over bottom of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
- 2. Bake in a 350° oven until crust is slightly browner, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl ricotta cheese, egg whites, and lemon juice until very smooth.
- 4. In a bowl, mix yogurt cheese, sugar, lemon peel, and vanilla. Add ricotta mixture and stir until well blended (the mixture is thin). Pour into hot or cool crust.
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven until center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 50 to 55 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. (If making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days.)
- 6. Remove pan rim. Peel kiwi fruit and slice crosswise. Arrange fruit in a ring in overlapping slices on cake; sprinkle with remaining ginger. Cut cake into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta Cheesecake with Ginger and Kiwi Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This