- 2/3 cup (about 3 oz.) gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 carton (15 oz.; 1 2/3 cups) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt cheese or 1 package (8 oz.) nonfat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 kiwi fruit (about 1/4 lb. each)
- calories 266
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- protein 8 g
- fat 5 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 170 mg
- cholesterol 16 mg
How to Make It
Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup ginger, and melted butter. Pat crumb mixture evenly over bottom of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 in. deep).
Bake in a 350° oven until crust is slightly browner, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl ricotta cheese, egg whites, and lemon juice until very smooth.
In a bowl, mix yogurt cheese, sugar, lemon peel, and vanilla. Add ricotta mixture and stir until well blended (the mixture is thin). Pour into hot or cool crust.
Bake in a 350° oven until center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 50 to 55 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. (If making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days.)
Remove pan rim. Peel kiwi fruit and slice crosswise. Arrange fruit in a ring in overlapping slices on cake; sprinkle with remaining ginger. Cut cake into wedges.