ricotta cheese lentil and brown rice rolls
Community Recipe from
- 5 piece(s) Swish chard leaves (large)
- 1 can(s) Lentils (15oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown rice cooked
- 1/4 cup(s) whole-milk ricotta cheese (4oz) at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) baby arugula leaves chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar(s) tomato-basil sauce (26oz)
- Place an oven rack in the center of the over. Preheat the oven to 400. Butter an 8 x 8- inch glass baking dish and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over a high heat. Remove the thick stem from the middle of each chard leaf. Cut each lead in half lengthwise. Trim the ends to make each leaf-half about 7 inches long and 4 inches wide. Add the leaves to the boiling eater and cook for 10 seconds. Remove the leaves and rinse with cold water. Drain on paper towel.
- In medium bowl mix lentils, brown rice, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup of the olive oil, the arugula, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of the filling onto the end of each leaf and roll up like a burrito, tucking into sides as you go. Arrange the rolls, seam side down, in a single layer on top of the sauce. Spoon the remaining sauce of top and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake 25 min,until the cheese begins to brown and the rolls are heated through. Cool for 5 min and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mdamiani and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note