Ricotta Cheese Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 15 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/2 bottle(s) almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. In large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. At medium speed, add ricotta cheese, vanilla and eggs until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until dough forms. Drop by tablespoon (small ice cream scoop works really well to get uniform cookies) onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes. Cool and frost with glaze.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over cooled cookies using a squeeze bottle. The icing should not be too thin but thick enough to create a glaze that adheres to cookies rather than run off.
- Makes 6 - 7 dozen cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Randi's Recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta Cheese Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes