Ricotta Cake from the Wall Street Journal
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) strawberries hulled & quartered
- 2 cup(s) raspberries
- 1 cup(s) blackberries
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 5 large egg yolks lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 pound(s) fresh whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup(s) mascarpone
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fleur de sel
- 5 large egg whites
- butter for greasing the pan
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare berries: in a medium bowl, gently toss berries with 1/3 cup sugar. Let berries rest & macerate while you make the cake.
- 2. Add ingredients to a food processor in the following order, pulsing briefly after each addition: remaining sugar, egg yolks, ricotta, mascarpone, flour, baking powder, orange zest, Grand Marnier, & fleur de sel. After all ingredients have been added, blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl & set aside.
- 3. Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until just short of stiff. Gently fold egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- 4. Pour batter into a buttered 9" springform pan. Bake until center of cake springs back when touched, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before releasing sides of pan. Meanwhile, drain berries in a colander. Serve cake at room temperature, topped with berries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ricotta Cake from the Wall Street Journal Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes