I enjoyed this. It take about 10 minutes/side to cook all the way through.
Ricotta-and-Ham-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 44g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 821mg
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 oz. each)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, basil and garlic.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut a slit along thick edge of each breast half, forming a pocket. Open breast halves like a book and lay one slice of ham in each.
- Spoon 1/4 of ricotta mixture on top of each ham slice, then close chicken over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken on both sides with flour until well coated. Discard remaining flour.
- In a large skillet, warm oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter melts and begins to foam. Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes; flip and cook on second side for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside (cut to test). Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This