I've rated this a few years ago and still agree with it! We love it, family and friends love it, and I'm still taking it to the Legion whenever I've signed up for making a dish for Sunday football fans. I have not altered it - it is perfect for anyone that can take a little bit of heat. I hope you enjoy it just as much as all of us do, but make it like the recipe says the first time you prepare it! If you don't like the "kick" - then alter it to your taste or use less jalapeno and juice than called for. I think you'll be glad you did.
Richard's Sloppy Joes
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return cooked beef to skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeños and liquid. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve mixture on toasted buns.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note