This turned out great ! Will make this again!
Richard's Sloppy Joes
Our adult taste-testers described this dish as mildly hot. If your family prefers less kick, adjust the amount of pickled jalapeños (and liquid from the jar) to suit their tastes.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return cooked beef to skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeños and liquid. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve mixture on toasted buns.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note