- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 39 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 15 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, dried fig halves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Firmly press on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until fragrant. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
Bring cream to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat.
Process chocolate in a food processor or blender until finely ground. With processor running, pour hot cream and vanilla through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
Pour mixture into cooled crust. Chill, uncovered, 3 hours. Garnish, if desired.
*Semisweet chocolate may be substituted.