This frosting is rich and chocolate-y, perfect if you love chocolate! I usually add an extra tablespoon of milk to make it easier to frost with. I've gotten many compliments when I've frosted a chocolate cake with this frosting.
Rich Chocolate Buttercream
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add chocolate, powdered sugar, and remaining ingredients; beat until spreading consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts