Rich Brown Gravy
Well-browned flour gives your gravy a nutty taste and a deep color.
Yield: Makes 5 cups
More From Sunset
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Toast flour over medium heat in a 5- to 6-qt. pot, whisking constantly, until deep golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour in reduced-sodium chicken broth and whisk into a smooth paste. Add turkey or chicken broth and rosemary; bring to a boil, then simmer about 10 minutes, whisking often.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments