Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium-size green bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup vegetarian burger crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cut off tops of bell peppers; remove seeds and membranes, and place bell pepper cups in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Remove stems from tops, and discard; chop bell pepper tops.
- Saute chopped bell pepper and onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into bell pepper cups. Top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Bake, covered, at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese, if desired; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boca Burger Crumbles for vegetarian burger crumbles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes