Rice Salad Niçoise
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 585mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice (see notes)
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces green beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, stemmed and rinsed
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) solid light tuna in olive oil, drained and broken into large chunks with a fork
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, 20 minutes. Spread rice level in a large baking pan and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Snap ends off green beans and snap or cut beans in half. Add to boiling water and cook just until bright green and tender-crisp to bite, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse well under cold running water, and drain again.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and garlic until smooth. Add oil and whisk until well blended and thick. Add salt and pepper to taste and 3 tablespoons each of the parsley and chives.
- 4. Spoon rice into a large bowl (with sealable lid, if planning to transport). Pour dressing over rice and mix to coat. Gently stir in beans, tomatoes, and tuna. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note