- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice (see notes)
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces green beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, stemmed and rinsed
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) solid light tuna in olive oil, drained and broken into large chunks with a fork
- calories 400
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 17 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 585 mg
- cholesterol 20 mg
How to Make It
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, 20 minutes. Spread rice level in a large baking pan and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Snap ends off green beans and snap or cut beans in half. Add to boiling water and cook just until bright green and tender-crisp to bite, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse well under cold running water, and drain again.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and garlic until smooth. Add oil and whisk until well blended and thick. Add salt and pepper to taste and 3 tablespoons each of the parsley and chives.
Spoon rice into a large bowl (with sealable lid, if planning to transport). Pour dressing over rice and mix to coat. Gently stir in beans, tomatoes, and tuna. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.