Rice and Rosemary Blossom Salad
Notes: Other suitable blue flowers are chive and sage blossoms. Garnish salad with herb sprigs of the flower you choose.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 99%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons rosemary blossoms, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, about 20 minutes. Scrape rice into a wide shallow bowl, fluff with a fork, and let stand until cool, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, frequently stir walnuts with 1 tablespoon oil until nuts are golden beneath skins, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour nut mixture over rice. Add remaining olive oil, and lemon juice, chives, and parsley; add salt to taste. Mix with a fork. Sprinkle salad with rosemary blossoms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads