Rice Pilaf with Currants and Pine Nuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup(s) currants
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set on medium-high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf, currants, pine nuts, turmeric, cinnamon and cumin and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup of the white wine, stir to scrape up any browned bits from the pan bottom and cook for 1 minute, until the wine is absorbed. Stir in the remaining wine, the chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir the rice to fluff, remove the bay leaf and stir in the parsley. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note