Wild Rice Pilaf
Friends coming to dinner tonight? Throwing a last-minute cocktail party? Grab a few grocery store items and dress them way up with these brilliant insider tricks.
Yield: 4 servings
- Salad bar:
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sliced radishes
- Prepared foods:
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add bell peppers, carrots, and red onion; cook 2 minutes. Microwave rice 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Add peas, radishes, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar to rice; season with salt and pepper.
- Fab tip: Make the rice look like five-star fare by shaping it into a timbale. Use a clean tuna can or deep, round-shaped biscuit cutter coated with cooking spray to pack in 1 cup rice mixture. Turn it over onto the serving plate, and voilà!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables