I am not sure what was missing but it was not something I would make again.
Rice Noodles with Sesame-Ginger Flank Steak
You'll love this combination of flank steak, crisp vegetables and rice noodles coated in a fragrant Chinese-style sauce. To save time, look for pre-sliced vegetables in the produce section of your supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 542mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup (1/4-inch) slices red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 cups hot cooked rice noodles (about 8 ounces uncooked noodles)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the first 8 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add half of steak; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove steak from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and steak. Add vinegar mixture, carrot, peas, bell pepper, and sprouts to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Return steak to pan. Add noodles; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note