I loved this salad, the dressing in particular is delicious with a great blend of flavors. Will definitely make it again.
Rice Noodle Veggie-Tofu Salad
Colorful strips of fresh carrots, red bell pepper, scallions, and snow peas are tossed together in this flavorful one-dish meal of Rice Noodle Veggie-Tofu Salad.
More From Allyou
Stand: 20 Minutes
Chill: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 971mg
- 1 12.3-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 carrots, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 8-oz. can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1. Cut tofu in half lengthwise. Wrap each piece in a paper towel, place on plates and put a bowl on top of each to squeeze out water. Let stand for 20 minutes. Remove towels and cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, garlic and chili sauce. Toss tofu in sauce and arrange in a single layer. Cover and chill for 15 minutes. Remove tofu, setting aside soy sauce mixture.
- 3. Bring a pot of water just to a boil. Cook noodles until just softened, 6 to 8 minutes or as package label directs. Drain noodles, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- 4. Combine noodles, reserved soy sauce mixture, carrots, bell pepper, scallions, water chestnuts and snow peas, tossing to coast. Add tofu; gently toss to combine. Fold in sesame seeds and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note