I did not care for this. I have made a lot of noodle stir fries and asian-inspired dishes, but something was off with this one. the sauce was lacking and needed oomph at the end..we tried adding more sriacha and soy, but it was pretty much un-savable. Way too much prep work for such a blaaahhh dish.
Rice Noodle Salad
Wide rice noodles are great for stir-fries and cook better when broken into shorter lengths. Soften in hot water, and stir-fry as directed. If unavailable, substitute linguine or fettuccine.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 55.3g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 8 ounces uncooked wide rice sticks (banh pho)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 5 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 12 lime wedges
- 1. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 2. Combine broth and the next 4 ingredients (through Sriracha), stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and shallots; stir-fry 1 minute or until shallots begin to soften. Add eggs; stir-fry for 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Add soy sauce mixture, and bring to a boil. Add noodles and bean sprouts; toss gently to coat. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
- 4. Remove from heat, and top with cucumber and the next 5 ingredients (through fresh cilantro). Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon dry-roasted peanuts and the juice from 2 lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This