Adorable idea, looks so easy! DebbieWiese - I see where you missed the other 1/2 - the whole bag of marshmallows is split between the vanilla and chocolate layers - there is a separate 8 oz package of strawberry marshmallows for the 3rd layer. Hope this helps!
Rice Krispies Treat Neapolitan Cake
Photographer: Lee Harrleson; Stylists: Jan Gautro, Ana Kelly
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package marshmallows, divided
- 12 cups puffed rice cereal (Rice Krispies), divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package strawberry marshmallows
- White frosting
- 8 Maraschino cherries with stems
- Butter 3 (8-inch) cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- For Chocolate Layer: Microwave 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate on HIGH in a large glass bowl for 30 second intervals until melted; toss with ½ (16-ounce) package marshmallows. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 ½ minutes or until puffed and melted. Immediately stir in 4 cups puffed rice cereal, mixing well. Press into one prepared pan with wet fingers. Let stand 30 minutes or until firm.
- For Vanilla Layer: repeat procedure omitting chocolate.
- For Strawberry Layer: repeat procedure omitting chocolate and using strawberry marshmallows.
- Spread ½ cup frosting between layers. Cut into 8 wedges. Decorate each wedge with a dollop of frosting and a cherry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rice Krispies Treat Neapolitan Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes