Adorable idea, looks so easy! DebbieWiese - I see where you missed the other 1/2 - the whole bag of marshmallows is split between the vanilla and chocolate layers - there is a separate 8 oz package of strawberry marshmallows for the 3rd layer. Hope this helps!
Rice Krispies Treat Neapolitan Cake
Take Rice Krispies Treats to the next level by flavoring them with strawberry and chocolate and stacking them into “cake” layers to create a dessert that resembles a Neapolitan sundae. It’s a perfect dessert child’s birthday party at school.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package marshmallows, divided
- 12 cups puffed rice cereal (Rice Krispies), divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package strawberry marshmallows
- White frosting
- 8 Maraschino cherries with stems
- Butter 3 (8-inch) cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- For Chocolate Layer: Microwave 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate on HIGH in a large glass bowl for 30 second intervals until melted; toss with ½ (16-ounce) package marshmallows. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 ½ minutes or until puffed and melted. Immediately stir in 4 cups puffed rice cereal, mixing well. Press into one prepared pan with wet fingers. Let stand 30 minutes or until firm.
- For Vanilla Layer: repeat procedure omitting chocolate.
- For Strawberry Layer: repeat procedure omitting chocolate and using strawberry marshmallows.
- Spread ½ cup frosting between layers. Cut into 8 wedges. Decorate each wedge with a dollop of frosting and a cherry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rice Krispies Treat Neapolitan Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes