- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup chicken giblets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook chicken broth and rice in a saucepan over medium heat 30 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Set aside.
- Combine giblets and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage, and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Set sausage aside.
- Sauté chopped garlic and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together rice, giblets, sausage, vegetables, salt, and remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake dressing at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note