Serve these crisp rice bites with your favorite rémoulade sauce.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 1 1/3 cups MAHATMA Extra Long Grain Enriched White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko), divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Bring 2 2/3 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat; add rice and salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Stir together rice, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients.
- Shape rice mixture into 18 (1/4-cup) balls. Dredge in remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven. Heat oil to 350° over medium-high heat. Fry rice balls, in batches, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note