This was very yummy and easy to make. My kids loved it. I substituted the yellow rice for white rice and it was perfect. A definite repeat!
Rice and Beans with Chicken and Chorizo
Cozy up to this warm and rustic Latin-inspired dish that's ready in less than half an hour.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 34.6g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 (5-ounce) package lower-sodium yellow rice (such as Vigo)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomato
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can lower-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add chicken; sauté 7 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomato, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and chorizo; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beans; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note