This was a very tasty burrito. I really liked the abundance of veggies. I left out the cheese and used spicy enchilada sauce. Very flavorful.
Rice and Bean Burritos
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
This recipe uses rice left over from Stuffed Peppers.
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.26
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 905mg
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted, optional
- 10 ounce enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice from Stuffed Peppers
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder, bell pepper and zucchini; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, if desired, and enchilada sauce. Add rice; sauté until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- 3. One tortilla at a time, spoon filling down center. Top with cheese, if desired. Roll up and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This