Rice and Bean Tostadas
- 1 can(s) chili beans with chili gravy (15-ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup(s) quartered cherry tomatoes or salsa
- 1-1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 cup(s) shredded lettuce
- 8 tostada shells
- 1-1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn, drained (8-ounce)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, bring water to boiling. Stir in rice and onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir undrained chili beans and the corn into rice mixture. Heat through.
- 2. Meanwhile, place tostada shells on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. To assemble, place 2 tostada shells on each dinner plate. Top tostadas with shredded lettuce and the rice-bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with tomatoes or salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rice and Bean Tostadas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes