Rice a roni shrimp salad
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package instant rice and pasta mixture, chicken flavor
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped, white and green parts
- 12 to 14 pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound small or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a skillet sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray, brown the instant rice and pasta mixture. Do not add the butter or oil that the package directions suggest. Add the water the package requires and the seasoning packet and prepare according to package directions.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and reserve the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk the marinade and the mayonnaise to combine. Add the archichoke hearts, green pepper, green onions, olives, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and mix together.
- If serving this recipe cold, cook the shrimp in a small amount of salted water for about 3 to 4 minutes, until firm and cooked through. Test a shrimp to see if it is the texture you like. If you are going to serve this as a hot casserole, just plunge the shrimp into boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes and drain. Do not overcook.
- Add the artichoke mixture to the rice and pasta mixture. Gently stir in the cooked shrimp. If serving as a salad, chill until ready to serve. If serving as a casserole, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place in a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chaseandcjsmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rice a roni shrimp salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads