Did not have arugula subbed basil. Fantastic!
Rib-Eye Steaks with Pistachio Butter and Asparagus
If you can't find unsalted pistachios, you can use unsalted butter to balance the salty nuts. The butter amount is generous; if you like, toss some with the asparagus right after it comes off the grill and use the rest for the steaks.
CAMP TIP: Make the butter at home.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 506
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 727mg
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks, about 12 oz. each
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Whirl pistachios and arugula in a food processor until minced. Add butter and whirl until smooth, scraping down inside of bowl as needed.
- 2. Rub steaks and asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, turning once, until done the way you like, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Grill asparagus in last few minutes, turning once, until tender-crisp.
- 3. Transfer everything to a cutting board, dollop steaks with butter, and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice steaks and serve with asparagus.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note