- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 small dried red chile, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Zest of 2 limes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups rhubarb cut into 1/2-in. chunks (about 4 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cracked pepper
- calories 97
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- protein 1 g
- fat 0.5 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 31 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, the vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, chile, mustard seeds, lime zest, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup rhubarb, reduce heat to medium, and cook until fruit begins to break down, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup rhubarb and cook until it's just tender, about 5 minutes more; you want to leave fruit a little chunky.
Remove from heat, stir in dry mustard, and add pepper to taste. Remove cinnamon and let cool.
Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled.