This is excellent! Served with a Mango Noodle Salad.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 105
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb (preferably red rather than green)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb, ginger, garlic, hoisin, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. When rhubarb starts to break apart, about 3 minutes, whisk in soy sauce and transfer half the glaze to a small bowl.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto 4 metal skewers. Brush both sides of shrimp with glaze from pan. Grill shrimp, turning and basting generously as you go, until they're opaque and grill marks appear, about 8 minutes total.
- 3. Transfer to a serving plate and brush with glaze from bowl. Sprinkle with onion. Serve with remaining glaze from bowl on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This