Rhubarb Crunch A La Mode
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) uncooked oats
- 1 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine melted
- 4 cup(s) rhubarb chopped
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- ice cream
- 1 cup(s) strawberries or other berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter, blend well. Pat half of crumb mixture into a 9-inch baking pan (if placing in 9x13 dish increase ingredients by half, i.e. 6 cups rhubarb, 1 1/2 cups flour, etc); cover with rhubarb/berries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; slowly add water, blending well. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sauce over rhubarb, and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Serve warm with ice cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rhubarb Crunch A La Mode Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts