Rhubarb Cream of Wheat
Time: 20 minutes. The addition of rhubarb and maple syrup is an unusual and delicious twist to morning porridge.
Yield: Serves 2
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 351
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 6.8g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 335mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- Quick-cooking wheat cereal, such as Cream of Wheat
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In an 8- by 8-in. baking pan, combine syrup and rhubarb. Bake until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make wheat cereal as package directs and put in 2 bowls. Top each with 1/2 of butter, rhubarb with syrup, and almonds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch